Need a summer activity? Hop a bus to Bellevue this week for the summer arts festival! It’s huge!
Bellevue Arts Museum is once again proud to host the Pacific Northwest’s most prominent, juried arts festival. A treasured community event for over 60 years, the BAM artsfair is the perfect opportunity to engage with some of the finest local, regional and national artists.
BAM artsfair highlights:
* 325 juried exhibitors offering unique, handmade arts & crafts that are hard to find anywhere else. Media include drawing/pastels, fiber, furniture, glass, jewelry, metal work, mixed media, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture, wearables and wood. 90 artists are participating for the first time.
* kidsfair sponsored Overlake Hospital Medical Center featuring over 8,000 square feet of fun, hands-on art activities for children, Billions of Bubbles, Sock Puppets, Museum Passport, Preschool Play, Painting Studio, Tie-Dye Art and all-time favorites Bubbles the Clown and Zany Worms! View all the upcoming activities here >
* Chalk It Up! sponsored by Comcast – a free outdoor chalk activity for children big and small in front of the Museum on 6th Street.
* Brian Major chalk painting: Celebrated chalk artist Brian Major will once again recreate a famous masterpiece in chalk thanks to the generous support of Orthodontic Excellence.
* Special exhibit of Carol Duke Artist Awards of Excellence winners at Bellevue Place from July 20 – 26 (see below for details). *NEW*
* International Origami Exhibit at Lincoln Square and Bellevue Square from July 13 – 26, featuring creations by origami artists from around the world. *NEW*
* Delicious concessions featuring non-profit partners such as Bellevue Rotary, Eastside Shrine Club and the Greater Bellevue Lions Club.