Two Part-time positions available
ORGANIZATION: Wing Luke Asian Museum
LOCATION: Seattle, WA
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open until filled
The Wing Luke Asian Museum is hiring two motivated and enthusiastic individuals to work in Visitor Services. Candidates should have excellent communication, customer service and sales skills and an interest in the rich history, culture and art of the Asian Pacific Islander American communities in the Pacific Northwest and Seattle’s Chinatown-International District.
This position requires a flexible schedule, occasional evening and weekend hours and minimum 6 month commitment. Positions are $12 an hour, 17 hours a week and are non-benefited.
A Smithsonian Institution affiliate, the Wing Luke Asian Museum is a community-based arts and culture organization that engages people to explore issues related to the Asian Pacific Islander American communities. It is located in Seattle’s Chinatown-International District.
To apply please submit cover letter and resume to Human Resources, Wing Luke Asian Museum, 719 S. King St., Seattle, WA 98104 or send via email, email@example.com. For email submissions, please put “Visitor Services Lead” in the subject line. Positions open until filled. EOE.
Visitor Services Leads create a friendly, welcoming atmosphere by orienting visitors, processing admission, informing guests about memberships and tour opportunities, answering questions and ensuring public and art/artifacts security. This position has the first contact with our visitors, donors, volunteers and is integral to creating a positive impression of the museum.
* Strong sales and customer services skills
* Must be dependable, responsible and willing to ensure visitors and guests enjoy a unique museum experience worthy of a return visit. In turn, the excellent visitor experience leads guests to become ambassadors for the museum
* Passion for and desire to learn about the rich history, art and culture of the Asian Pacific Islander American and Chinatown-International District communities
* Strong speaking skills
* Friendly, enthusiastic team player who enjoys working with all ages
* Welcome and interact with museum visitors, providing orientation to the facility
* Enthusiastically provide visitors information on all museum programs, particularly membership and tours, and other services
* Handle phone communications with visitors and staff
* Administer electronic ticketing and scheduling systems. Assist with data collection and reports related to visitors. Handle cash related to museum admissions
* Assist Facilities Operations Director with group events and facility use, including scheduling, set-up/breakdown, events staffing, etc.
* Other duties as assigned